We reinstalled and lit the sign Saturday night, May 25th!
The final phase: re-opening the cinema!
We have our wonderful sign back, but we still have fundraising to do, which we estimate to be $3-4M to open free of debt and fully operational. What does this represent?
• Expanding our original construction of the 3rd floor for VR and classroom
• Ordering top-of-the-line film equipment for projection and sound
• Restoring seats for Theaters 1 and 2 and new seats for Theater 3
• Hiring architect, designers, consultants for new construction and historic renovation
• Ordering café and concession stand equipment and supplies, computers and ticketing equipment, furniture and supplies for offices and education.
• Replicating historic light fixtures and floor treatments
• Appointing an Executive Director, Programming and Artistic Director, a Cinema Managing Director, and operational staff
Join us in this final effort. If we raise enough money, we can re-open this fall!
We are grateful to announce that the Partnership received a generous $4,600 grant from the Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation in 2018 to partially fund a survey of homes and the cultural history of the SANS (Sag Harbor Hills, Azurest, and Ninevah subdivisions) neighborhoods in Sag Harbor.
We are happy to be a part of this worthy endeavor!
For more info, please see this article in the Sag Harbor Express.