eBay for Charity Auction for the Cinema
Tumbleweed Tuesday Party at Page Restaurant
Sag Noir at Sylvester & Co.
EBAY FOR CHARITY Auction for the Cinema, with 60 GREAT works of art by artists like Ross Bleckner, Eric Fischl, and Cindy Sherman, AND exciting experiences, such as Golf Foursomes, restaurant dinners, private yoga class with premiere yoga gurus Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman, private shopping and fashion, San Miguel de Allende & London vacations, opening night at the New York Film Festival, Broadway performances, and many more!
ART ON VIEW at Grenning, Keyes and Nightingale Galleries, September 3rd, 2–8PM! Bidding will end September 4th.
Village-wide PARTY AT PAGE Restaurant on “Tumbleweed Tuesday”,
September 3rd, 5 – 10pm
with cash bar, free popcorn (of course!) and hors d’oeuvres. A fabulous selection of SILENT AUCTION ITEMS will also be available to bid on at Page from local merchants, including Weber BBQ, gift baskets, jewelry, and a 13" MacBook Air with Retina Display!
Sylvester & Co. will host Don Lenzer's great SAG NOIR photographic portfolio! Come between 5-7 for a reception. And Merchants on Main Street will keep their doors open later than usual so that everyone can enjoy Tumbleweed Tuesday.
We reinstalled and lit the sign Saturday night, May 25th!
The final phase: re-opening the cinema!
We have our wonderful sign back, but we still have fundraising to do, which we estimate to be $3-4M to open free of debt and fully operational. What does this represent?
• Expanding our original construction of the 3rd floor for VR and classroom
• Ordering top-of-the-line film equipment for projection and sound
• Restoring seats for Theaters 1 and 2 and new seats for Theater 3
• Hiring architect, designers, consultants for new construction and historic renovation
• Ordering café and concession stand equipment and supplies, computers and ticketing equipment, furniture and supplies for offices and education.
• Replicating historic light fixtures and floor treatments
• Appointing an Executive Director, Programming and Artistic Director, a Cinema Managing Director, and operational staff
Join us in this final effort. If we raise enough money, we can re-open this fall!
We are grateful to announce that the Partnership received a generous $4,600 grant from the Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation in 2018 to partially fund a survey of homes and the cultural history of the SANS (Sag Harbor Hills, Azurest, and Ninevah subdivisions) neighborhoods in Sag Harbor.
We are happy to be a part of this worthy endeavor!
For more info, please see this article in the Sag Harbor Express.